24.06.2021 REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Assignment Title: Selection of Consulting Company for Completion and Impact Assessment Survey
Reference No. AZ-AACD-238506-CS-CQS-D/1-2021
The Government of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services: Selection of Consulting Company for Completion and İmpact Assessment Survey
The project consists of four components:
- Component A – Support for sanitary and phytosanitary services, which is structured into three subcomponents: support: (i) Food Safety Capacity Building; (ii) Upgrading Plant Health and Phytosanitary System, and (iii) Animal Health and Veterinary Services.
- Component B - Agri-food value chain development. The activities will be structured into two sub-components: (i) Investment and advisory support for agribusiness value chain development, and (ii) Seed sector development.
- Component C – Financial services to agribusiness.
- Component D - Project Management.
The general objective of the assignment
The completion survey pursues the following objectives:
- Collecting information and data about the project activities’ results through beneficiary survey;
- Assessing and analyzing project achievements and perceived impact of the project activities based on the field survey; and
- Identifying and documenting lessons learned and experience gained, and formulating evidence-based recommendations to improve similar future interventions;
The study will also assess socio-economic aspects of interviewed respondents’ livelihoods, their satisfaction level with Project design and implementation
Overall, the findings of the survey will feed into the Implementation Completion Report (ICR) that will summarize the project implementation results.
Scope of services and work methodology
- Collect and analyze household data to be used for measuring outcome (i.e. the outcomes and impact of project interventions on the livelihoods of target beneficiaries)
- Measure the effects of the project on beneficiaries’ agricultural productivity, household income, household assets, use of inputs, diversification of cropping systems, income-generating activities, household food safety, access to markets, etc.
- Provide analytical report on likelihood behavioral changes as pertains to various planned interventions (e.g. value chain grants)
- Document any lessons learned in order to measure the extent to which the project has achieved its stated objectives.
Required input and duration of the assignment
The assignment is considered to be implemented within 4 months. The task is expected to be implemented in late July - October 2021.
Team Composition and Qualification Requirements
The assignment will be carried out by an institution with the relevant experience specific to the assignment. It is required that Consulting Firm has necessary equipment and tools (tablets, database, etc.) necessary for entering the data directly during the interview process.
The following are the minimum qualification requirements for the Consulting Firm that should be specifically identified in the proposal for this assignment:
- The applicant organization should have at least 5 years of experience in conducting national wide and large scale sampling surveys in Azerbaijan;
- Experience in conducting surveys in agriculture and related fields;
- Analytical and practical experience in survey methodologies, experience in statistical analysis, and establishing and maintaining database;
- Strong quality control mechanisms and etc.
The Consultant team shall include the following key personnel with relevant qualifications:
Study/survey Manager, Field Manager, Agriculture economist,IT expert, Field Enumerators with extensive experience in data collection and familiar with the software and hardware required for tablet based data collection.
Upon request more detailed information will be submitted.
The Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project now invites eligible Consulting Companies to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 edition, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interests. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS)method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by July 08, 2021.
Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic
of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Attn: Mr. Anar Azimov
1965, Z.Bunyadov avenue, Chinar Park Business Center, AZ1075, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99 412) 525 01 17
E-mail:email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Further information can be obtained at the address abo