Selection of İnternational individual consultant to design the e-training center 07.09.2021
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Assignment Title: Selection of International Individual Consultant to Design training system Reference No. AZ-AACD-249032-CS-INDV-A1-16DTS
The Government of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The project consists of three components:
- Component A - Support for sanitary and phytosanitary services, which is structured into three subcomponents: (i) Food Safety Capacity Building; (ii) Upgrading Plant Health and Phytosanitary System, and (iii) Animal Health and Veterinary Services.
- Component B - Agri-food value chain development. The Component helps to develop value chains by partially financing demand-driven investment proposals. It would also support activities for improving seed varieties and quality of seeds entering the market. The activities will be structured into two sub-components: (i) Investment and advisory support for agribusiness value chain development, and (ii) Seed sector development.
- Component C - Financial services to agribusiness would further promote growth of agribusiness/agro-food processing enterprises through a line of credit to enhance their competitiveness, increase production and improve technologies, building thus on the sizeable results in lending to agribusinesses and improved skills of participating banks in appraising agriculture-related investment loans, achieved under the World Bank’s previous intervention.
The general objective
The objective of assignment is to assist the AFSA in setting up Training Center of the Azerbaijan Food Safety institute (AFSI) aimed to deliver food safety and feed safety related trainings to the AFSA and AFSI staff including inspectors and also food safety specialists engaged in public and private sectors in line with the best international practices to ensure long-term sustainability in building institutional capacity of the AFSA, AFSI and stakeholders in the area of food safety.
Food Safety Capacity Building.
Under this subcomponent, following activities will be delivered:
- Establishment of Training System and Training Materials of AFSA;
- Improvement of legal and regulatory framework;
- Establishment of Animal Identification and Registration System;
- Support to Inspection and state control by provision of inspection technical means and instruments
- Support to laboratory development by provision of equipment and tool as well as veterinary laboratory in international accreditation.
Scope of works:
Under this assignment Consultant shall (i) develop Training Modules in the area of Food Safety; (ii) deliver TOT; and (iii) prepare recommendation on international capacity strengthening programs to ensure capacity building of the AFSA/AFSI staff.
The above mentioned shall help in achieving the following goals: (i) development of standard training Modules to be used by all trainers, (ii) proposal of the training and educational methodology (iii) setting up a pool of trainers through delivery of TOT.
- Hold consultations with counterparts and stakeholders on the subject;
- Work closely with other Consultant (economist) who will be also mobilized by ACIP;
Undertake other duties as might be required within the frame of the assignment
Expected outputs and deliverables:
With the view of the above mentioned, Consultant shall implement the following approach in developing of the following expected deliverables:
Consultant will help in developing training methodology, reviewing training procedures and templates and prepare standards Training Modules in the area of Food Safety and Feed Safety and deliver them.
- Consultant will work closely with the staff of AFSA and AFSI (training and development department). Assignment will be mainly Baku-based. However, assignment might be partially home-based given the epidemiologic situation.
Duration of the assignment
It is estimated that a total input of sixty (40) work/days will be required, deployed in a few missions on site during the period September - December 2021. The first mission to Azerbaijan is scheduled for late September 2021. Timing for the subsequent missions will be discussed during contract negotiations and agreed during the first mission.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Degree in agriculture/food safety or related field (PhD) with a postgraduate degree in relevant field;
- Over ten years’ experience in food safety area;
- At least seven years’ experience in designing of training system;
- Previous experience with World Bank-funded projects and understanding of its requirements is preferable
- Previous experience of working in the region/country would be an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English and strong writing skills;
- Working knowledge of Russian and Turkish asset, but not a requirement
- Sharing knowledge and experience, communicating ideas and managing information flow;
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
The Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 edition, revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interests.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultancy method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by September 20, 2021.
Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Attn: Mr. Anar Azimov
1965, Z.Bunyadov avenue, Chinar Park Business Center, AZ1075, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99 412) 525 01 17
Further information can be obtaine