Lab Equipment for Central Seed Testing Laboratory (ISTA compliant) NCB
24 august 2020
INVITATION FOR BIDS
The Republic of Azerbaijan
Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Loan No: 8286-Az
Contract Title: Lab Equipment for Central Seed Testing Laboratory (ISTA compliant)
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): B2/G-1
- The Ministry of Agriculture of Azerbaijan Republic has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for support to inspection and state control by provision of instruments.
- Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture/ Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for purchasing support to inspection and state control by provision of instruments.
- If Bidder is Manufacturer:
(i) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it is in a sound financial status:
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s): The average annual turnover of the bidder for the last three years (2017 – 2018 – 2019) must exceed 900 000 AZN (eight hundred thousand manat) or equivalent; The averages of cash and cash equivalents at the beginning and end of year are positive in the last three years (2017 – 2018 – 2019); Zero (0) tax and social security liabilities.
(ii) Experience and Technical Capacity
- The Bidder must have experience of supply and support service of LAB or similar equipment for last three years.
- The Bidder must have completed at least 1 successful contract involving the procurement and installation of similar LAB equipment with the contract amount not less than AZN 700 000 (seven hundred thousand manats) within the four years (2017 – 2018 – 2019 – 2020).
Note: The listed requirements would apply to partners of the Joint Venture cumulatively. In addition, all members of the Joint Venture should have experience in required technical area and each member of the Joint Venture should fulfill at least 50% of required turnover.
(iii) Documentary Evidence
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the following usage requirement:
- Electrical equipment must meet the requirements of existing electric supply system of Azerbaijan – n/a
- All goods must fit for purpose – i.e. conform to required technical specifications specified in Section VII. Schedule of Requirements, Technical Specifications
- If Bidder is not manufacturer:
If a Bidder is not a Manufacturer, but is offering the Goods as a Supplier, the Supplier shall demonstrate ability of the above set qualifications under (i), (ii), (iii) and additionally submit the required Manufacturer’s Authorization Form (Section IV, Bidding Forms) issued by Manufacturer for proposed items.
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 Revised July 2014 (“Procurement Guidelines”) and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project,
email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com; and inspect the bidding documents during office hours from 09.00 to 18.00 at the address given below.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of 300 AZN or equivalent. The method of payment will be bank transfer or direct deposit to the specified account number:
Beneficiary: Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
Beneficiary’s Tax ID: 1700428481
Beneficiary’s bank: International Bank of Azerbaijan Open Joint Stock Company, Premier Customer Services Branch
Bank Code: 805250
Bank's Tax Code: 9900001881
Corr. acc: AZ03NABZ01350100000000002944 with Central Bank of Azerbaijan (for AZN)
Corr. acc: 36083186 with Citibank N.A, New York, NY; SWIFT code: CITIUS33XX (for USD)
Beneficiary’s Account in AZN: AZ03IBAZ38090069449330335120
Beneficiary’s Account in USD: AZ73IBAZ38190078409330335120
The document will be sent by surface mail or courier for local delivery.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 15:00 local time, September 25, 2020. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 15:15 local time, September 25, 2020.
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of: 20 000 AZN
- The address(es) referred to above is(are):
Agency for Agro Credit and Development under the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan/Agricultural Competitiveness Improvement Project
For submission of bids: 5th floor
For opening of bids: 5th floor, conference room
Attn: Mr. Anar Azimov
AZ1108, Ziya Bunyadov avenue 1965, Chinar Park Business Center, Baku, Azerbaijan
Tel: (+99412) 5250117/3015
Web site: www.akia.gov.az